If You're Serious About Making Money in Real Estate

If You're Serious About Making Money in Real Estate
Achieving Success IS The Ultimate

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

So You Think Marketing Has Nothing To Do With You

I was on the phone the other day with an associate who said that she just wasn't a salesperson. I was in shock because ever since the day we began speaking to one another at a TOASTMASTER'S meeting I just automatically figured her to be this outstanding personality who could probably sell ice to penguins.

In any case, as the conversation progressed into this "well what do you think selling is?" I then began to realize that our ideas of selling were totally different and that although we were doing the same thing we were of different minds.

She let me know that she had to believe in herself and not just the product because that takes a person from helping to just surviving because at the end of every conversation with a prospect you (the seller) are thinking "I've got to sell this person so that I can meet my quota". I started listening even more intensely because I wanted to know the difference. I mean helping people and receiving some form of compensation so that you can survive financially is ultimately the name of the game. Of course you know she begged to differ.

By the end of our conversation I was thoroughly convinced that although we thought quite differently on this subject I had a new perspective on what I do.

The philosophy in selling is to get a solid understanding of yourself to go out there and help other people see from their perspective how your product or service could be beneficial to them. Don't just pick a product or service to "sell", but believe enough in yourself to go out there and make a living helping others achieve their end results because you are going to reap the benefit if you help enough of them.

See yourself as a helper or in some cases healer. Get into their shoes and the best way to do this is by talking to them and finding out what their needs are. Now I know some of the readers will say, "but I don't have time to sit and listen to their story because I have a bottomline to reach every month!" That's why there are lead systems that are developed like social and business networking sites, meetings, article marketing and paid referral ideas. If you help one person in the right way, they will be your door to others. THIS IS CALLED MARKETING!

Marketing is the prep work that Selling borrows from in the end. When all is said and done you've got to believe in you and then your product or service keeping in mind that helping people achieve their end result with what you have will reap you massive benefits....

www.FreeWebsitesForYou.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is a quote by an entrepreneur named Rodd Marcus that says "you get what you pay for , especially when you pay attention". Well this article absolutely caught my full attention.

What a wonderful article about a subject which is most timely. As a full time investor and corporate credit strategist the number one question I am always asked is how can I raise the funds for my idea or deal?

But my reply is always the same; "the true question that should be asked is how do I build a sustainable business/enterprise?"

Well, the answer is marketing,my friends and nothing can more get more bang for the buck than "Guerrilla Marketing".

At a recent business development conference I spoke at, I spilled my guts on why people a helluva lot smarter than me make 90% less than I do. Wanna know what I said, yup, you guessed it MARKETING!

I look forward to reading and learning more becuase no matter how much or how good any of us are as marketers, there is always something new to learn.

Bravo for a much needed subject.